FIRE DAMAGE-QUESTIONS TO EXPECT
SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura is here to help you get your life back. We'll work directly with your insurance company. Don't hesitate to call.
When SERVPRO of NW Ventura County receives a fire loss, we know asking the right questions is beneficial for everyone involved. Knowing the structural integrity, cause of the fire and how it was extinguished allows SERVPRO to act quickly. For more information in our services, click here
Question 1: Has the structure been cleared by the Fire Department?
- It is important for us to know at what stage the fire investigation is in. While the Fire Marshall is completing their investigation to how the fire started, no persons will be allowed to enter the structure.
- Based on his determination and how severe the fire was, will determine if the structure is deemed safe to enter. Some parts, or all may be tagged with or without restrictions.
- Taking these things into consideration will help us determine how quickly we can assess the situation.
Question 2: Cause of the Fire
- Based on the type of fire, there can be different cleaning methods. Having more details on the loss assists our technicians in having the right tools and materials to get started.
- Different types of fire damage include: Wet Smoke (Plastics & Synthetic materials); Dry Smoke (Wood & Paper); Protein (Discoloration, Strong odor); Fuel (Oil & Soot/ Puff Backs)
Question 3: How was it extinguished?
- Was a Fire Extinguisher used or was it put out by Fire Department with water hoses. There are different types of fire extinguishers that people may not realize. For example: Water/Foam/Powder. Secondly if the Fire Department used water to extinguish the flames, your home or building may have water damage apart from the fire damage.
- This helps are technicians be better prepared with water mitigation EQ if necessary.
At SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura, we have seen it all! Make sure you are in the right hands when handling a Fire Loss. Call us at 805-507-5507
WHEN AN UNEXPECTED DISASTER STRIKES, WHY CHOOSE SERVPRO?
Call SERVPRO of North West Ventura County today, at: (805) 507-5507
WHEN AN UNEXPECTED DISASTER STRIKES, WHY CHOOSE SERVPRO?
SERVPRO of North West Ventura County is ready to take a handle on your disaster 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. SERVPRO was founded in 1967 and now has over 1,900 franchises across the US and Canada. SERVPRO IS A NATIONWIDE LEADER IN THE RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL RESTORATION INDUSTRY. Some of the types of services we offer are: water, fire, and storm damages; mold remediation; and cleaning services (including specialized COVID-19 cleaning services). Our team of experts are knowledgeable, alert and professional. Our team is available to assist you with your restoration and cleaning needs, at home and at your business. SERVPRO also specializes in large scale disaster recovery.
ONE OF OUR CORE VALUES HERE AT SERVPRO OF NORTH WEST VENTURA COUNTY IS GROWING RELATIONSHIPS.
Here at SERVPRO, our mission is to develop a team of quality people who focus on excellent service, fairness and mutual respect. We do more than just the physical aspects of the work involved, we grow relationships within our business and with our customers. We aim to provide exceptional customer service to each and every one of our customers. Additionally, when an Insurance Company is involved or a claim has been made, we work alongside the insurance company, assisting with inspections, determining coverages and keep you updated and well informed every step of the way.
Create an Emergency Ready Profile: Storm & Natural Disaster Preparation
When Fire Or Water Damage Strikes You Can Be Ruined Or Ready.
Is your business prepared for a storm or natural disaster? If you had an emergency situation, would your business be prepared?
50% of businesses do not reopen after an emergency.
A SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile is an immediate plan of action. It saves valuable time in the event of a disaster.
In Southern California we have to be ready for an earthquake or other natural disasters. When foundations and buildings shift, water and gas leaks can occur.
Knowing what to do, who to call and what to expect in advance is the key. This is a free service SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County provides by scheduled appointment.
We gather and organize with you:
- Property overview information, such as “Before photos” from a facility walk-through
- Emergency contacts, identifying whose authorized to sign paperwork to get the mitigation work started
- Insurance Contact Information
- Utility Contact and water main shut off valve location
The importance of timely mitigation:
- minimizes the effects of water and fire damage
- allows your property and business to be restored at a faster rate
- reduces the amount of time your business is inactive
We have everything you need to be prepared and have helped many Ventura businesses recover from storm damage to their facilities.
For information about storm damage cleanup and restoration, click here.
For more information on our Ready Plan, click here or call us at 805-507-5507 to set up your walkthrough.
VENTURA COUNTIES 24/7 WATER DAMAGE SERVICE PROVIDER
SERVPRO- YOUR 24 HR EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER
SERVPRO of North West Ventura County provides 24 HOUR water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, biohazard, and other specialized cleaning services. One of our core specialties here at SERVPRO is in restoration services which is a 24 hour emergency service.
WHAT MAKES SERVPRO DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS IN THE INDUSTRY?
Whether you contact us with a small slab leak, or you contact us with a huge house flood, you can rest assured that our team of professionals will be ready to assist you. And whether you call us at 9:00 a.m. or it’s at 2:00 a.m., SERVPRO of North West Ventura County will be available to take your call. We are happy to be of service. We take pride in providing each and every one of our customers with our exceptional customer service. We go above and beyond while guiding our customers through the process from start to finish while working alongside your insurance to help move things along. Here at SERVPRO, we do more than just the clean-up and restoration. In fact, we grow relationships with our customers and pride ourselves in focusing on excellent service, fairness and mutual respect.
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO ACT FAST WHEN YOU HAVE A WATER DAMAGE?
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is very critical. A delay of just a couple of hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage. When there is a water leak in a home, the water moves fast as it spreads and saturates the area’s it comes in contact with. As the water is spreading, water is also being absorbed into the walls, floors, house hold items and upholstery. Paper goods, books and photos starts to swell and show damage. Our team is well known for our quick response and immediate attention to your emergency.
WHEN YOU ARE SEEKING SERVICES FOR YOUR WATER DAMAGE, YOU MAY INITIALLY FEEL CONFUSED AND OVERWHELMED, AS THIS IS QUITE COMMON. YOU NEED AN EXPERT TO GUIDE YOU THRU THIS CRISIS. WE SPECIALIZE IN WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION AND IT IS IN FACT THE CORNERSTONE OF OUR BUSINESS. SERVPRO OF NORTHWEST VENTURA COUNTY HAS THE SPECIFIC WATER DAMAGE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE TO HELP YOU THROUGH IT.
COVID CLEANING FOR VENTURA'S REOPENING DATE JUNE 15TH!
Give us a call 805-507-5507 to get your COVID CLEANING
AS CALIFORNIA SETS ITS GOAL FOR JUNE 15 FOR FULL REOPENING...
SERVPRO of NORTHWEST VENTURA COUNTY IS HERE TO GIVE YOU PIECE OF MIND.
For specialized cleaning services, including the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive pathogen cleaning program, call us today!
AS MANY SCHOOLS, PLACES OF WORSHIP, PROFESSIONAL SPORTING VENUES, OUTDOOR PARKS, CAMPGROUNDS, AUTO DEALERS, MOVIE THEATRES, FITNESS CENTERS, CAR WASHES EXECUTE THEIR OWN PERSONAL REOPENING PLANS WITH MODIFICATIONS, it is more important than ever before, to ensure cleanliness in your homes and businesses. Being proactive can make a world of a difference for you and those around you as we OVERCOME COVID-19 AND EXHIBIT VIBRANT HEALTH!
WHAT MAKES OUR COVID-19 CERTIFIED: SERVPRO CLEAN SERVICE DIFFERENT THAN REGULAR CLEANING SERVICES?
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County we go above and beyond to keep Ventura safe by staying up to date DAILY with the current guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC recommends cleaning of high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, tabletops, light switches, handles and any other high touch areas specific to your home. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work than regular janitorial staff. We also use special cleaning products like our hospital grade disinfectant SERVPROXIDE.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR…..CALL RIGHT NOW TO JOIN HUNDREDS OF OTHERS IN OUR COMMUNITY AS WE KICK OFF CALIFORNIA’S REOPENING DATE WITH A SPECIALIZED CLEANING!!!!
SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County is ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us at: 805-507-5507
When Water Damage Strikes!
Our Technicians use moisture meters to detect hidden levels of moisture within building materials.
The first 24 hours are crucial in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of receiving a loss notification, SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County professionals will be on-site to help. Here are the steps we follow when handling water damages:
INSPECTION – Our technicians will inspect all areas for moisture to get an idea on the extent of water damages. They will then review the inspection with you and provide you with next steps.
EMERGENCY SERVICES – If SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura finds that emergency services are needed, we jump into action and give you a step-by-step overview. Emergency services include extracting standing water, removing baseboards and setting up drying equipment. The quicker we move to contain the area, the faster we can mitigate damages.
MONITORING – To help ensure your home or business dry to appropriate industry standards, a SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura professional will monitor the drying process daily. Progress will be communicated with you.
DEMOLITION-If SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura finds that materials are not showing progress after a reasonable time, we may recommend removing materials. We leave the area clean and ready so you can contact a contractor of your choosing to help with your re-build.
EMERGENCY WATER DAMAGE TIPS:
- Shut off the water source, if you are unable to call a local plumber
- Turn off circuit breakers for areas that are wet to prevent electric shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible. Do NOT use a vacuum to extract water as this can lead to electrocution.
- Place aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet flooring to prevent secondary damages
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place
- Do not turn on light fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
For more information on recovering from water damage, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County at 805-507-5507
Mold In Your Ventura Commercial Property?
Commercial Building After Mold Remediation
Mold is all around us!
Add a little water and give it a few days, and before you know it, mold is active and spreading.
We get a lot of calls at SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County concerning mold in commercial buildings. Don’t panic!
We can address your concerns, by finding out:
- Where is the source of moisture?
- What needs to be repaired to stop the spread of moisture and mold in the workplace?
- What are the next steps to get business back and running?
When you can't see visible mold but find that employees are having some health effects in the workplace, we refer you to an Environmental Hygienist for Indoor Air Quality and Mold testing.
SERVPRO can remediate mold, but we do not test for mold.
An Environmental Hygenist is able to give the business owner more information. This typically includes 1.) a full site visual inspection, 2.) collection and testing air and surface samples, and 3.) measuring the moisture levels in the building.
Their findings and recommendations are included in a report, or protocol, which is given to the customer.
- The next step is for the commercial customer to send us the protocol.
- We can then do an assessment at the business site.
- At that point we can give you an estimate, and scope of work, keeping in mind that there may be unknowns.
For more information on our Mold Remediation Process, click here.
SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County is locally owned and operated and available for Emergency Service 24/7. Call us for Mold Remediation at 805-507-5507
Don't Let Water Damage Stop Your Ventura Business!
Our Technicians at a local Dental Office in need of Emergency Water Damage Services.
Water damage can happen to anyone. When that pipe bursts in your Ventura Business, that could mean shutting down and a loss of income. We pride ourselves in getting to you quickly! We don't want sitting water turning into a mold problem for you later down the line.
Our technicians are pros when it comes to working around your office equipment/ stations.
- Get an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) appointment scheduled for FREE!! Should a pipe burst and flood your business, an ERP will save valuable time to mitigate the emergency and speed up the cleanup and recovery process.
Click here to get started with your Emergency Ready Profile
SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County is available for 24 Hour Emergency service. We are “Faster to any size Disaster” and are a “Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry”. Call Us 805-507-5507
SERVPRO is READY To Handle Your Commercial Loss
Here is a photo of a large commercial loss in Ventura. Remember any TIME any SIZE, SERVPRO of NW Ventura County is here to help 805-507-5507
During these difficult times, an unexpected Water, Fire or Mold loss can ruin businesses in our Ventura Community. Check out our blog on how to prepare your business for disaster.
So what gives us the ability to handle any size disaster? The answer is our reliable franchise system. We work together and have unlimited access to commercial grade equipment that when needed, we can request additional reinforcement from a neighboring franchise, large loss division or corporate office. We also carry hundreds of air movers, dehumidifiers, and air scrubbers to help with our local jobs. We are a preferred company to many major insurance companies because they recognize we handle water mitigation the right way.
We are part of a larger infrastructure that is ready and devoted to helping our local communities. So when it comes to Disaster Relief, know that SERVPRO is here to save the day.
Faster To Any Size Disaster 805-507-5507
Christmas Fire Safety 2020
This photos shows how quickly a dry Christmas tree can be engulfed in flames when left near a heat source. Image by nfpa.org
I know it seems early to be talking about Christmas. We haven’t even bought the ingredients for our giant Turkey for Thanksgiving! But Holiday safety is best to be discussed as soon as we start seeing those twinkling lights and tinsel in the stores. Before you start your holiday decoration planning, always remember to check for possible fire hazards.
Here is a quick checklist for things to look for. You can find more information on the Red Cross Website:
- Check all holiday light cords to make sure they are not frayed or broken. Keep strands of lights to no more than three per extension cord.
- Make sure your tree is watered and kept fresh so as not to dry out. For artificial and fresh trees, make sure you keep away from fire hazards. And of course once Christmas is over make sure you dispose of your tree properly and DO NOT leave to dry out in your backyard.
- Keep candles away from decorations and make sure you blow them out before going to bed.
- When cooking on the stovetop, make sure you stay in the kitchen. Kitchen fires are still the leading cause of most house fires.
- When decorating outdoors, use outdoor approved lights and follow the fire hazard prevention labels.
Check out the NFPA for more information on fire safety. Make sure you review the fire safety plan we discussed in our October Blog with your family.
Be Safe this Holiday! And know that SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County is always here for you when you need us 24/7!